Utility Pole Inspection Services
Whether a wood, concrete or steel structure, Maverick Utility Services provide full turn-key inspection, restoration, and reinforcement services through our robust Treat & Test Program.
Our inspection program includes:
- Pole inspection – visual, sounding, boring
- Pole Rot Testing
- Corrosion Potential Assessment
- Corrosion Mitigation & Rehabilitation
- Remedial Treatment
- Pole Reinforcement & Restoration
- Structural Steel Repair
- Concrete Foundation Restoration
Resistograph Pole Inspections
Wood Pole Inspections are carried out using a state-of-the-art wood pole inspection tool. The resistograph measures the relative drilling resistance on the drill bit while it is inserted into the wood pole at a constant rate.
It allows us to detect the following:
- Shell rot or decay
- Heart rot or decay
- Deterioration caused by insects
Pole Reinforcement and Restoration
Maverick provides long-term, reliable solutions for extending the service life of poles and restoring them to code-mandated strength.
The benefits of pole reinforcement and restoration are:
- Upgrade pole bending capacity by an equivalent 1, 2, 3, or more classes
- Save money – the cost of upgrading is often 1/3 or less than the cost of replacement
- Avoid the extra effort and delays associated with coordinating change-outs
- Upgrade an entire line without service interruption
Test and Treat
The deficiency of a pole’s initial preservative treatment occurs over time due to a variety of factors such as aging, weathering, migration or the volatility of the chemical elements. The use of remedial preservative treatments aims to extend the service life of a pole by supplementing the original treatment.
Maverick utilizes the Genics Products in our test and treat program. Genics products are environmentally friendly treatments, that are worker-safe, easy to install and provide protection to wooden assets for decades to come.
Typically, we use:
- Cobra Rod: copper and boron glass diffusible rod – provides internal protection against moisture and significantly extends the life of wood poles.
- Cobra Wrap: a highly effective groundline wood pole treatment, providing a long-lasting reservoir of active preservative as well as establishing a durable barrier shielding the wood pole from further fungal and insect attack. Adds up to 10 years of life to wood poles.