Health and Safety / Member Associations
Safety is at the core of everything we do and number one priority at Maverick. Our Utility Services Team are focused on ensuring that every member of the team goes home safely, every day. All levels of management at Maverick are accountable for safe and efficient work practices and procedures. We will never compromise on safety. Maverick is an ISNetworld certified company with an “A” rating, with an exemplary .77 MOD rating.
Our safety program incorporates the following:
- ISNetworld Safety Qualified
- MOD Rating – .77 for Construction, Design and Field Engineering
- Edison Electrical Institute Platinum Rating
- Fit for Duty Policy – Requiring all employees to arrive at work on time and ready for duty.
- Drugs and Alcohol – Maverick operates a drug free and alcohol-free company. Employees are subject to pre-employment screening as well as random screening.
- Training – Maverick provides continued training for all employees including CPR, First Aid w/Blood Borne Pathogens, OSHA, Overhead, Underground and Safety.
- JSSP – every construction or field site visited requires a job specific site plan, which outlines the potential Risks and Hazards, and the recovery and protection process in case encountered.
- Daily/Weekly Tailgate Meetings – long term programs have built in site meetings for personnel to discuss encounters, safety topics and reiteration of past training on a weekly basis.